What is a Laundry Chute
The laundry chute (sometimes known as laundry shoot or clothes shoot or shute) or the laundry jet is a great way to keep your home clean and tidy. It’s a simple solution that will save time and money. There are many types of laundry chute solutions available, some are made of plastic, others are metal (stainless steel is the type of laundry chute we recommend the most ). They come in various sizes and shapes. Some are designed to fit under the sink or inside cupboards, while most are built into the wall. Preferably a laundry chute door can be accessible for everyone in the house. Ideally the door should be in a hallway close to the bedrooms with the laundry chute behind the wall in a cupboard or boxed in.
A modern laundry or linen chute is a tube or duct that runs from one upper part of a home or building to another lower part. The purpose of the chute is to allow a person to safely drop clothes or linen from a higher level of the home or building down into a lower level or basement where the washing machine and dryers are located. Our system is made of stainless steel grade 316L seamlessly welded and smooth on the inside and outside. Ideally the laundry chute should run straight down although it can be offset to a maximum of 45 degrees. Modern laundry chutes in the UK and Ireland are becoming more and more popular. For more information please read one of our blog posts, click here, Laundry Chute Linen Chutes. You can also find out more information on why you should buy one, here, Reasons to Install a Laundry Chute.
Efficient Laundry Chute Management
Easyline provide the highest quality stainless steel laundry chutes for commercial and domestic use. Our easy to install modular system enables us to design a system that meets your exact requirements. Our expert team can advise on a kit for your needs. If you are unsure what you require or need guidance please email us your plans and we will return to you a detailed drawing and quote of ‘how your chute will look’. For more information on installations, click here.
What Are the Two Types of Laundry Chutes You Can Buy?
Here at Easyline, we sell both. You can check out a review for the popular Laundry Jet make here, Laundry Jet Review.
- Fire rated doors 60 minutes
- Smooth stainless steel finish inside and out
- Extensions in every size to enable the exact height and length of chute.
- Easy installation
- Long lasting (will last for the life of the house)
- Available in various styles and sizes
How Often Would I Need My Laundry Chute Servicing and Are There Any On-Going Costs?
How Do Laundry Chute Parts Comply With Current UK Fire Safety and Building Regulations?
Are Laundry Chutes Safe?
- Safe for use in basements, garages, crawl spaces, attics, and other areas where there's limited space
- Easy to install
- Convenient for getting dirty laundry down to the laundry room
- Laundry chute doors should be supplied with a lockable handle and fire rated.
- If the laundry chute is over 3 floors or more the doors will required to be self closing
- A recommendation should be made that all laundry chute doors are installed at least 1m above finished floor level.
- There should be no sharp edges inside any of the pipe-work. Our laundry chutes are seamless welded with the elbows and T pieces acid cleaned to remove any potential hang up points.
- Reduces the risk of people falling downstairs
- Adds value to your home around the same price as what you paid for the laundry chute
- Makes life easy
How Easy Is It to Install Your Laundry Chute?
- Easy to install
- Male/female extensions and elbows which tightly lock together unlike other systems on the market which require locking bands at every join which also means extra costs
- Easy to maintain
- A 300mm laundry chute can take up to a king size duvet (if fed in)
- Adjustable pipework sections to allow the installer to have the doors and end at the height you require, these extensions require locking bands at no extra cost
- A short video or drawing will be made available from Easyline laundry chutes
- Save space in your laundry room
- Easily remove dirty laundry from upper floors
- Cleaner than other laundry chutes
- Higher quality than other laundry chute suppliers
- Will last the life of the house
- No cutting of metal necessary - removing health and safety risks associated with pipework and laundry chutes
How Quickly Can I Obtain Laundry Chute Parts?
Is My House Suitable for a Laundry Chute?
A laundry chute is a smooth stainless steel tube which leads from an upper floor of your house down to a lower floor. If you don’t have a laundry chute, you are at risk of tripping or falling downstairs due to carrying dirty clothes and baskets then you need to consider installing one. There are many benefits to having a laundry chute installed. For example, it saves space in your laundry room, you can send clothes down and carry on cleaning. You can't have a laundry chute if it's a bungalow (unless you are considering installing a power driven Laundry Jet; laundry jet is a chute that transports laundry for rooms with ports installed and is a vacuum powered laundry chute). You can check out a review for the popular Laundry Jet make here, Laundry Jet Review. Suitable residential homes in the UK range from 2 to 7 floors. New builds and renovation projects can accommodate a laundry chute easier as there is already ongoing building work. Ideally a straight vertical drop into the utility room is the perfect situation. However, slight offsets or even angles up to 45 degrees can be fitted without laundry getting stuck halfway down. So, if you are thinking about buying a house, then check if there is a laundry room available. Contact us and we will be able to offer some advice about the ideal location and size of the laundry chute in your house.
How Should a Laundry Chute ‘End’?
- Floor to ceiling cupboard
- Pipe visible or hidden
- Laundry basket
- Door at the bottom
- Chute and laundry hidden away
- Keeps the washing area tidy and free of smells
- More space for other items
- Less mess
How Do You Install a Laundry Chute?
Our team of professionals has years of experience installing laundry chutes and we know exactly what works best for each individual situation. Whether you need a single chute installed or multiple chutes, we can help you find the right solution for your needs.
We recently had a large hotel group purchase a linen chute but they wanted to install themselves in different stages of the hotel build. We supplied an engineer to train their tradesmen in starting the chute and how to complete first fix. He will return on completion of the installation to test the interlocking doors and integrity of the chute prior to final fix. On completion of the hotel prior to the hotel opening we will then visit the hotel to commission the linen chute.
- Supply only Laundry Chute
- Supply only with consultation
- Professional workmanship
- Affordable rates
- Fast turnaround times
- Free estimates
- Guaranteed results
- Free to install the chute in stages
What Size Should a Laundry Chute Be?
How Do You Childproof a Laundry Chute?
What Laundry Chute Means/What Is a Linen Chute?
Will Other Family Members Enjoy the Benefits of Having a Laundry Chute
Laundry chutes are also a great way to teach kids how to do their chores. They can practice and enjoy tidying their room by throwing the dirty laundry down the chute.
- Clears dirty clothes or linen quickly
- Keeps rooms clear and organized
- Easy to install
- Save space
- Organize laundry
- Prevent clutter
- Reduces the risk of falling down stairs
Why Choose an Easyline Laundry Chutes?
- Easy Installation (can be
installed in a few hours)
- Integrated child &
vulnerable adult safety feature
- Airproof system to prevent
heat loss and smell
- A range of extension
sizes to enable an exact fit including adjustable extensions
- Once installed it’s there
for the life of the house
- Seamless laser welded 316L grade stainless steel system, high gloss polished.
- No sharp edges for laundry to get caught on
- No static charge as by plastic or galvanised pipe or wooden homemade systems
- Four different types of RAL 9003 powder-coated laundry chute doors. All Lockable, with an airtight system to prevent sound propagation
- Highest European and National Standards - EN 13 240, DIN+, 1.BImSchV2, DiBt, 15a B-VG, NS 3058/3059
Laundry Chutes for Homes and Business
Laundry Chute Shop - Find the Best Laundry Chutes Online
Click here or on the map to the right to see where some of our
sales and their locations are on google maps.
After opening, zoom in on your area where we have probably sold a laundry chute.
Our chutes are sent by DHL next day in the UK, 2/3 days to Ireland and western Europe, 4/5 days Airfreight to North America and beyond.
Following on from our successful show in Dublin March 2022 and Belfast Oct 2022 Easyline laundry chutes are happy to announce we will be back in Dublin May 2023. Please visit us again for free tickets and further information.